Time to update my challenges from the previous month and continue with some October challenges. I would’ve done this sooner, but it has been a busy six days so far. To recap here were my September challenges:
- Go to the gym at least three times a week–SUCCESS! This really shouldn’t even be a goal because I do it every week. But I accomplished the goal.
- Reduce our food budget by $100–FAIL. Part of that failure was because we went to a wedding, but we still eat out too much and need to reduce the budget.
- Finish 1/2 of a conference paper–FAIL. I didn’t even get close. I spent most of my time teaching. And today I have to take over another class as an emergency. I hope to find some time to write.
- Work on the blog a bit. FAIL. I didn’t do much with it and I am not sure when I will.
Verdict: September was a massive failure for most of my stated goals. I really need to kick it up a notch. I don’t know what it is but my motivation is lacking this month. Well here are some challenges for this month.
- Clean up our yard and put away all Spring/Summer items for the fall and winter. This basically means I have to clean up our small yard, take out the air conditioners, make a cap for our attic, begin to do some basic maintenance on the snow blower.
- Finish the conference paper. I really don’t have a choice on this one. I need to finish this this month so I can actually do something more with it in the future. It needs to be done by October 31st.
- Submit old research to a new journal. A long time ago I submitted an essay, got a review on it, and never did anything with it. It is time to go back and fix this.
- Begin to eat better and at more reasonable times. This means cutting down on soda consumption, reducing my caloric intake, and eating at a normal hour. This is something I just need to do for my own health.