So next week I will put up a couple of posts updating my financial status for 2014 and talk about specific financial goals for the coming year. Before that I want to update the status of my December Challenges and what my goals for January will be.
For December I had three challenges:
1) Work out at least four times a week–Accomplished! Even on vacation I was able to average that even though I am 1000 miles away from my home gym (they have a location where we are at the moment).
2) Lose five pounds–FAILED! I think I only lost 2 pounds. I tried to overcome the holiday season, but it won. Now I have to get back on the horse.
3) Finish Emergency fund–ACCOMPLISHED. I alluded that I was actually pretty close to finishing this anyway. Today, I transferred the money to my Roth IRA (I use my Roth as my emergency fund) and basically have also finished my 2015 contributions.
So two out of three isn’t bad. I just need to be more disciplined with my caloric intake, which is something that I struggle with at family occasions.
So my January challenges are three-fold:
1) Start a new research project and write at least FIVE ages on it by the end of January. I have started doing some of the preliminary reading for this subject, but haven’t put my thoughts on paper. This is especially important because I want to have a rough draft of this project done by March so I can submit it to a conference. The location of the conference this year is in Las Vegas, which will be great because then I can go see my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew, who Mrs. ROB hasn’t met yet.
2) Put at least $500 aside from this month’s cash flow. Some things are occurring financially in our lives that I need to anticipate and prepare for. I am not sure they are going to happen, but I want to set the money aside in case I need it. If not, I will just chunk it on my debt.
3) Try to lose three pounds by the end of the month. I have an overall goal this year of trying to lost 25 pounds and I really need to take better care of myself. As I start back up at my job again for the semester I have to be better at bringing my lunch, not eating crappy food, and just not being consistent with my exercise plan. I have a lot less time on my hands this semester than I did last semester and previous semesters. I need to be much better at managing my time and eating right.
Next time an update on our finances and some goals for the new year!