This post is inspired by a blog post over at a new blog I started reading called “I Dream of FIRE.” About a week or so he wrote a similar post and I thought I would ask my readers a similar question. If your house is burning and you only have time to grab 10 things to save what would they be?
Here is my 10 and a rationale. Now I am assuming that my wife is coming with me. Of course she would be #1.
- My dog. I think this is a given but technically he would be an “item” that I would save. But Spooner would be the #1 thing to save and if I could only save one thing, aside from Mrs. ROB it would be Spooner. He is part of our family and there is no amount of money where we would give him up.
- My computer. I have a lot of stuff on my computer including a lot of my articles and the like. That is important to me so I would certainly grab it.
- My phone. Again, fairly self-explantory. Having some form of communication would be important.
- My wallet. I think you could probably understand this one as well. Having my cards to access funds and the like would be something good to have.
- My CPAP machine. I sleep with a CPAP. And yes I am a bit overweight (although that is going down). However, all kinds of folks have problems with sleep apnea. Even if I lose a lot of weight I would probably continue to use it.
- My Movado watch. It is the only piece of jewelry that I own and Mrs. ROB got it for me. Besides from my wedding ring.
- My class ring. At the private school I went to getting the class ring is kind of a right of passage in your junior year. I lost mine a few years ago and had to replace it. Even though I don’t wear it that much it is still important to me.
- My computer bag. It is also a gift from Mrs. ROB and I like it a lot.
- Probably a leash and some things for the dog. We have some items near to each other so I could just throw some items into my computer bag to make sure Spooner has some chews, treats, and his leash. He sleeps with us so he doens’t necessarily need his dog bed.
- A folder with our important documents. That includes wedding license, social security cards, passport, and titles to our cars. I should have these things in a small fire proof safe, but I keep a lot of this stuff locked in my office already.
So what kinds of items would you guys take in this kind of situation?